- https://www.rollspel.nu/threads/s%C3%A5ga-min-teoretiska-modell.77023/ presents a new model of roleplaying and then there is the inevitable discussion about what such are good for, in general, and if this one is useful in particular.
- http://adeptplay.com/actual-play/tales-recovering-ic-immersionist is the thoughts of someone who used to preconceive a full understanding of their player character and keep that and all the interesting issues to themselves, and how they see their former play now that they are trying a different approach.
- https://www.rollspel.nu/threads/olika-sorters-agens.77013/ names a few different types of possible agency, and how not all of them might be relevant for every player.
- https://www.rollspel.nu/threads/utmaningar-i-tradd%C3%A4ventyr.77014/ documents different types of challenges in a traditional game.
- https://www.rollspel.nu/threads/borde-man-spela-bordsrollspel-i-skolan.76971/ about using or not tabletop roleplaying in school teaching.
- https://rollespil.blog/2007/03/13/auto-de-fe-et-story-game/ discusses a Fastaval scenario, which seems to be in the Nordic freeform tradition, and how it differs from so-called story games. The text is from 2007.
- https://trollsmyth.blogspot.com/2021/07/neo-classical-gaming-revisited.html tells what neoclassical gaming is and gives a wizard’s school game as designed with the principles in mind.
- https://hjernespil.wordpress.com/2009/06/20/fra-br%c3%a6tspil-til-rollespil/, by Oliver, discusses some board game mechanics that could maybe be applied to roleplaying games, too.
- https://jannekemppi.wordpress.com/2016/08/19/thinking-about-game-design-part-3-formal-game-elements/, by Janne Kemppi, references formal game elements from Salen and Zimmerman’s book and briefly discusses traditional roleplaying in their light.
- https://d66kobolds.blogspot.com/2020/09/free-kriegsspiel-worlds-not-rules-etc.html summarizes the free kriegsspiel approach to roleplaying. They frame gaming as being all about problem solving.
- http://games.spaceanddeath.com/sin_aesthetics/5, by Moyra Turkington, is an actual play report of ”Breaking the ice”, with some reflection around immersion and sexy/romantic play.
- https://grognardia.blogspot.com/2021/07/random-roll-dmg-p-90.html, by James Maliszewski, comments on Gygax’s justification for the gold piece economy. I am suspicious about Gygax’s economical modelling.
- https://strangeworlder.medium.com/how-i-learned-to-accept-fate-core-3a578b29c77d, by Petri Leinonen, gives some basic description of Fate core and how to best approach it. Though I have to admit that his description of stress makes it precisely hit points: a buffer before you take actual serious injury and are taken out.
- https://www.terresetranges.net/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=19395#p19395, by Thomas Munier, describes playing for logical vertigo where different realities meet.
%d bloggaajaa tykkää tästä: