If there is a one-shot or a possibility to visit a game where I can play one of these characters, I am interested. A pity to leave a character unplayed. Starts from the ones who have been gathering dust the longest.
- Fridswid, a young witch who knows that using her powers is evil. Travelled in Äulmera with a circus, but was not originally from there.
- Gotfried, a very unfortunate pickpocket who was caught and pressed into service.
- Senja, a leather-clad mercenaress who would rather not kill. In the service of a mad baron of Fortune’s pass.
- athes, a cruel pseudo-mongol mounted archer. From Barren lands in Greyhawk, but travelled to Yggsburg.
- Ælfstan, a near-heretical monk who lives in poverty. Travelled in Ellheim, in Rajamaat.
- Shahu, a human mechant (or maybe a yuan-ti sorcerer) working for the glory of his trade company (or maybe nest). Currently active in Scorching wastes, in Mernua.
In D&D, all of them are or would be converted into first level characters. In Burning wheel, they would tend to have 2-5 lifepaths and skills capped at B4 or B5. But converting characters is good fun and leads to interesting outcomes.
A nice exercise is to figure out which are D&D and which are Burning wheel characters; ”D&D” interpreted broadly.